Addiction Recovery Process
Understanding the Addiction Recovery Process
To ease any fears or concerns you may have, we want to break down the addiction recovery process here at Oregon Trail Recovery. Our main goals are to put you back into the driver’s seat of your life and provide you with the insight and tools necessary to map a path to success and healthy living. There’s no doubt the road to recovery will be long and difficult, but we can guarantee it will undoubtedly be worth it.
From Intake to Graduation, We’re Here for You
First, understand it can take you as many as six months to complete one of our programs for addiction recovery. You’ll be expected to make a verbal commitment to remain with us for at least 90 days. For the initial 90 days, you can expect:
- Four hours of a Partial Hospitalization Program, where we’ll help you work through the mental and emotional toll that often comes with overcoming addiction
- Two hours of group therapy offered Monday through Friday
- 12-step meetings six days a week
- Therapy sessions where you’ll sit down alone with your assigned primary counselor
- Obtaining and working with your sponsor to construct your own recovery program
After this initial 90 days, we’ll use your clinical necessity to determine whether you’re a prime candidate for continued care.
We also offer a second 90-day treatment program. This path is reserved for those who successfully put together their recovery program, attend group and individual therapy sessions, and show a commitment to their recovery. It includes:
- Two hours of group therapy three days a week
- 12-step meetings offered five times a week
- Meeting one-on-one with your individual therapist to discuss your individual treatment plan, receive help with your aftercare placement and plan your discharge arrangement
- Monthly rent payments of $250 for as long as you participate in the continuum of care
Get Help Now
Know What is on the Road Ahead
We want to help you establish a foundation for success. One instrumental part of that is knowing what you can expect from the addiction recovery process. During your intake, you’ll:
- Receive a handbook
- Fill out paperwork
- Be paired up with a primary counselor, house manager, and room
You will not be allowed to keep any checkbooks, credit cards, food stamps or electronics while you reside at the recovery house. You can also expect to attend two groups and an evening meeting on your first day. Your first week with us also includes biopsychosocial assessment.
During your first month, you’ll be expected to look for employment or attend school and participate in group and individual sessions. You’ll also need to find a temporary sponsor. You’ll be allowed to get out and explore the local area with the help of public transportation. Getting out and about can go a long way in helping you with your recovery, and we hope you’ll take advantage of all there is to see and do here in Portland.